The following chart illustrates how easily VSA can be traded using very powerful but simple concepts brilliantly illustrated in real time by SMART.
The total amount of pips trading the GBP/USD alone using the following signals was roughly 234.
Text from screenshot:
One Full Trading Session Using SMART Volume Spread Analysis – GBP 60 Minute Globex Chart using a combination of standard and SMART VSA:
2. Effort To Rise (SMART Green Bar – Strength)
3. Invalid but looks like hidden selling (Caution)
4. Wide Range Down Bar preceding an Upthrust (SMART Red Bar – Strength) Hidden Buying
5. Ultra High Volume Effort To Rise (SMART Green Bar – Weakness)
6. Advanced Supply Indication (SMART Red Square – Weakness) as well as an invalid hidden sellingish pattern
7. Two healthy volume Effort To Fall Signals (SMART Hot Pink Bar – Weakness)
8. SMART VSA Reverse Spinning Rowboat (SMART Green Bar and Dot – Strength)
There you have it… one full session using SMART Volume Spread Analysis.
The total amount of pips trading the GBP/USD alone using the above signals was roughly 234.
If you trade multiple GBP denominated pairs at once (as I do) multiply this by a factor of 4.5.
The above trading example does not take into account any scaling in. It is a straight “signal to signal” example.
This is a 60 minute chart and SMART includes alerts so you don’t have to sit watching charts all day.
Please keep in mind SMART Trader itself is painting these bars which makes these patterns and setups much easier to spot and act on.
These patterns repeat themselves day in and day out and using SMART you can clearly see not only standard VSA signals but our advanced multibar SMART VSA patterns as well.
Trade setups are verified using our proprietary background scanners (included with the system).
For more information or if you have any questions about SMART Trader Volume Spread Analysis (VSA) Software please visit
Good luck trading and see you in the chat.